A creative device calling and involving every citizen to support the peace and reconciliation efforts in the country as NPRC seeks to gain visibility. The caravan is NPRC’s efforts in popularising the Peace Pledge and its recently launched it #BuildingBlocks4Peace campaign. It is deployed as a vehicle to drum-up the call for Zimbabweans to carry their shared responsibility for achieving peace and reconciliation by contributing and committing to #BuildingBlocks4Peace Campaign. The caravan calls on Zimbabweans to seek greater commitment from the signatory to the Peace Pledge leading to Zimbabwe’s 2018 Harmonised Elections.
What will the Peace caravan be doing in the Provinces?
The Peace Caravan Campaign aims to;
- assist the National Peace and Reconciliation Commission (NPRC) achieve its constitutional mandate
- help Zimbabweans embrace the need and responsibility to deepen the foundations of peace and social cohesion
- act as a deployment mechanism for engaging individual Zimbabweans in dialogue around nationally shared values
- assist NPRC national peace pledge mission for sustainable peace and reconciliation
- Launching of the #BuildingBlocks4Peace Campaign and sustaining the Peace Pledge